Examining your money mindset and beliefs is ESSENTIAL if you want to sort your money out. 80% of personal finance is about how you think about money, the other 20% is the nuts and bolts that you need to organise it.
Have you ever thought about your money mindset?
Feeling frustrated and like there is never "enough" money is a clue that there is some stuff going on.
I hope you find this episode helpful for examining your own blocks around money.
For the show notes go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/money-mindset-blocks/
More episodes from "The Money Medicine Clinic Podcast"
Episode 125: The Steps To Wealth
il y a 12 heures
13:34Hello! Welcome to season 4 -wow!! I can’t believe that this is the fourth year of the money medicine clinic podcast. It literally feels like yesterday that I started this. So I’m excited to start off season four with the steps to wealth. I hope you enjoy it! Let me know in my Facebook group; “women working towards money freedom” what you get if you choose to do the quiz. To take the. quiz, go here: thefemalemoneydoctor.com/podcast Until next time, Dr Nikki x
Episode 124: Preparing Your Finances For Having Babies
50:06Hello! In this episode I'm talking with the fabulous Charlotte Jessop of the blog Looking After Your Pennies on how you can prepare your finances for pregnancy, a topic you chose as a community to learn more about. Charlotte is the financial educator, coach, writer, vlogger and podcaster behind the Looking After your Pennies platform. To follow Charlotte, check out her blog here: https://lookingafteryourpennies.com/ Prior to training as a GP, I used to work in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. It was common to see women plan every aspect of their pregnancies – right down to the vitamins they took and the delivery they wanted. Women generally attended every scan and every midwife appointment without fail. They prepped their bag for the time of going into labour and meticulously planned every detail. It wasn’t always possible to see them through in exactly the way they had planned, but I did my best alongside an excellent team of doctors and midwives. To be honest, despite all the medical intervention and planning, I don’t know if preparing their finances for having babies was always at the forefront of this process. And with an estimated 50% of pregnancies thought to be unplanned, this is even more worrying. Do you need to prepare financially for pregnancy? For additional shownotes, go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/pregnancy-planning/ Until next time, Nikki x
Don't miss an episode of “The Money Medicine Clinic Podcast” and subscribe to it in the GetPodcast app.
Episode 123: I’m a Money Coach, And These Are The Most Common Money Mistakes I See People Make
18:10Hello! In my work as a money coach, I’ve noticed a number of money management patterns among my clients. It’s incredible how similar we all are when it comes to our finances. I’ve pulled out the top 10 money mistakes I see regularly with the aim of making you feel like you’re not alone in this. So here goes... If you want. to read the show notes, go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/im-a-money-coach-and-these-are-the-most-common-money-mistakes-i-see-people-make/ If you want to sign up for the webinar [pre-March 28th 2022], go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/spring-renewal-webinar/#tve-jump-17fbc685082 Enjoy! Nikki [email protected]
Episode 122: How Do Your Hormones Impact On Your Finances?
13:10Hello! Our hormones are fascinating! Have you ever stopped to consider how your hormones can affect your finances? My background is in women’s health, and I’d never really thought about the idea that my money was affected by my menstrual cycle. But the more I read about it, the more I realise that our hormones could play a big part in how we manage our money. Read the shownotes here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/how-do-your-hormones-impact-on-your-finances/ Until next time, Nikki x
Episode 121: Starting A Business – Is It Truly The Path To Build Wealth?
17:40Hello! One of my favourite authors writing about money is Robert Kiosaki. In fact, the first book I ever read was Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It really opened my eyes to what was possible in life when it came to money, and it sparked my interest in this topic. A while later, I read another of his books, The Cash-Flow Quadrant and I realised that building wealth involved needing to transform what I was doing with my money long term and how I was making money too. Many people think is that starting a business is what they need to do to make money. This is partially true, but it is the way that you do it which holds the biggest key to success (and less stress!). I’m going to talk through what I have learnt from this book, and perhaps you’ll want to check it out and read it yourself too! If you want the video version of this, check out my YouTube channel. Nikki x
Episode 120: What's Your Partner's Money Love Language?
18:49Hello! Have you heard of love languages? The book by Gary Chapman goes into a theory that we express love in 5 different ways: Words of affirmation; Quality time; Physical touch; Acts of service; Receiving gifts. Now if your partner is an "acts of service" kind of person, and you're a "words of affirmation" kind of person, you may get into situations where your partner is doing all these great things for you to help around the house etc, but they don't land as "love" to you because you need to hear the words being said. It's the same for money! We all have blocks and blindspots about money, and often this comes from how we were brought up. When getting into a relationship, you're combining the net sum of both couple's money issues, and when you don't communicate about it, that's where trouble can begin. I hope this helps. Nikki x P.S. if you fancy taking the quiz, go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/sma-quiz/ If you need support with gambling worries, read this article: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/gambling-addiction/
Episode 119: Should I Buy Or Rent A House?
19:20Hello! I always encourage you to ask me questions, and when there is something really juicy, I like to write about it! This question is one of those... "Should I Buy Or Rent A House?" Let me start with this (based on harsh personal experience). My answer is... it depends. Sometimes it just makes no financial sense to buy for the stage of life you're at. If you want to read the show notes, go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/buy-or-rent-a-house/#more-1381 Enjoy! Dr Nikki x
Episode 118: The 10 Limiting Money Mindset Blocks Keeping You BROKE!
22:36Hello! Examining your money mindset and beliefs is ESSENTIAL if you want to sort your money out. 80% of personal finance is about how you think about money, the other 20% is the nuts and bolts that you need to organise it. Have you ever thought about your money mindset? Feeling frustrated and like there is never "enough" money is a clue that there is some stuff going on. I hope you find this episode helpful for examining your own blocks around money. For the show notes go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/money-mindset-blocks/ Nikki x
Episode 117: The trap of emotional spending and how to break the addiction
15:54Hello! Robert Kiyosaki calls them "doodads". Vicki Robin calls them "Gazingus Pins". Otherwise known as an unconscious spending weakness. We all have them. Be it books, journals, notebooks, scarves, shoes, bags, jewellery, makeup, watches (like my mum), toys for your kids, there will be SOMETHING you can’t resist spending money on. For me its shoes. Oh, and journals. I never seem to be able to resist a journal. Now, in my world, there is nothing wrong with spending money on things we want. I am ABSOLTELY all about rewarding yourself for a job well done or a goal reached. We celebrate people's wins often in my community. But what does cause problems is if this celebrating is done without thought or planning. In other words, when we allow our unconscious emotions to guide our spending. Enjoy my ramble on the subject! Dr Nikki x P.S. For the show notes, go here
Episode 116: Does Money Buy Happiness?
13:19Hello! I'm back with a new season and a new episode for 2022! Here's the topic for today's discussion. Can money buy you happiness? Well, it’s a hotly debated topic. The thing is, I think a lot of people confuse money and happiness with the well-known phrase, “money is the root of all evil”. Personally, I think you can have both money and happiness, and here’s why. Enjoy! Nikki x P.S. If you want to read the show notes, go here: https://thefemalemoneydoctor.com/does-money-buy-happiness/