Digging Deeper is a podcast hosted by Jeff Norris and other members of the Perimeter Church teaching team to discuss in depth the current sermon series and how we can apply God's teaching to our everyday lives.
14. Digging Deeper: The Wilderness of Life - Jeff Norris | Caleb Click | Bob CargoAs we continue our Sunday morning study through the Book of Exodus, Jeff Norris sits down with Caleb Click and Bob Cargo to dig a little deeper into Chapters 16 and 17. They talk through what God has taught them through their own personal study and preparation for this series, but also discuss the beautiful display of the great story of redemption God is telling throughout the whole Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see the theme that is not just about Exodus and the Israelites going into the wilderness after they crossed the Red Sea, but the wilderness theme throughout the entire Bible. Big Takeaway: Life itself is wilderness and even more it’s filled with subsequent wildernesses, but in our wilderness there is a Savior that not only saves but nourishes us as he leads us into the Promise Land. Application Questions: - It’s not a matter of will God lead me into the wilderness, but what does my faith look like in the wilderness? - Why is it that we find ourselves longing for realities of life pre-redemption? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E14-notes.
13. Digging Deeper: Heaven (Part Two) - Jeff Norris | Caleb Click | Travis Vaughn | Jimmy AganIn this second part of Jeff and Caleb’s discussion with Travis and Jimmy, the conversation continues with some specific realities the word of God teaches us about the new heavens and new earth. Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E13-notes.
12. Digging Deeper: Heaven (Part One) - Jeff Norris | Caleb Click | Travis Vaughn | Jimmy AganIn this latest episode of the Digging Deeper podcast, Jeff Norris and Caleb Click sit down with Metro Atlanta Collective Executive Director, Travis Vaughn, and Senior Pastor of Intown Community Church, Jimmy Agan to continue digging into the topic of heaven. The guys unpack what Scripture reveals to us about the new heavens and the new earth, when Christ returns and renews all things for who are in Him. Big Takeaway: Jesus has already experienced everything we will in the New Heavens and the New Earth and when looking to eternity, we should keep our eyes fixed on Him. The New Heavens and the New Earth can be described as the best of all after experiencing "better" walking with Jesus here on Earth, best in sharing in Heaven with seeing Jesus face to face and best when Jesus returns and we experience the New Heavens and the New Earth. Application Questions: How does thinking of Heaven quicken my heart, engage my imagination and stir affection and longing for the reality of what is to come both in the better that to be with the Lord, which is better by far, but even in the best, the New Heavens, the New Earth? How might this be giving you some new paradigms and new categories to think in, but ultimately getting us back to that reality that it's all about Jesus. How has this conversation stirred more anticipation, longing and affection for Jesus? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E12-notes.
11. Digging Deeper: Heaven - Jeff Norris | Caleb Click | Eric RyanIn this episode, we are Digging Deeper into the topic of heaven. Listen in as members of Perimeter’s teaching team talk through questions like: Can our loved ones see us in heaven? Are they aware of what's happening on Earth? And, what might they be thinking about in heaven? We will also discuss what all the references to a place called sheol in the Old Testament are talking about? And, what we make of popular books on the afterlife. Big Takeaway: Scripture may be silent on some of the details about heaven, but the focal point of heaven is clear. Heaven isn’t so much about a place where all our longings are satisfied but rather, it’s primarily about a Person in whom all our longings are satisfied. Application Questions: Do you long for heaven? Is your hope for heaven set on being in the presence of Jesus? What’s the reality of heaven and what misconceptions might you have to let go of? Are you resting in the assurance of heaven? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-11-Notes.
10. Digging Deeper: Chasing Truth And Finding Jesus In The Midst Of It All - Jeff Norris | Eric Ryan | Tony Thomas | Ryan Brown | Jimmy KimIn today’s episode of Digging Deeper, all four pastors taking us through our current sermon series, Chasing Truth, gather around the table to discuss what it means for us, as believers, to dive deeper into God’s unfolding word. Jeff Norris is joined by Eric Ryan--Executive Director of Shepherding and Spiritual Growth, along with Jimmy Kim--Director of Family Transformation, Ryan Brown--Pastor of Discipleship, and Tony Thomas--Assistant Director of City Impact share different passages of Scripture of which the Lord has pressed in a deeper interpretation throughout their spiritual journey. Instead of looking back at what has already been taught and digging deeper into points not addressed on a Sunday morning, the group shares their hopes and longings for the listener each week as the series continues over the next three weeks. Big Takeway: The word of God is bigger than we can fathom and the meaning behind scripture can be a mystery. But in the unfolding nature of God’s word, I can rest and find joy in knowing there is a lifetime of walking with God before us that we can begin to understand more and more. Application Question: What passage of scripture has God used in your life to reveal more of Himself? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-10-Notes.
09. Digging Deeper: God’s Unexpected Storyline For The Early Church - Jeff Norris | Caleb Click | Jimmy KimIn this episode of the Digging Deeper podcast, Jeff chats with Director of Family Transformation Jimmy Kim and Pastor of Spiritual and Theological Formation Caleb Click about the underlying theme of ‘unexpected’ woven throughout the book of Acts. Many of the events of the early church were not what many would have seen of God’s way of advancing His kingdom and many of the events seemed even devastating to first century Christians. But as the guys discuss, we see God’s unexpected way of bringing His Church together. Big Takeaway: Living a Spirit-led, Spirit-filled life is no doubt going to take you down paths that you wouldn't have chosen. But in doing so, a Spirit-filled, Spirit-led life is going to lead you into God's saturated realities, that you would have otherwise missed. Application Question: What does it look like to surrender our rights for the sake of the gospel and for the sake of unity within the Church? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E9-Notes.
08. Digging Deeper: Practically Applying The Glory Of Christ In Our Lives - Jeff Norris | Bob Cargo | Caleb ClickIn this episode of the Digging Deeper podcast, Jeff Norris, along with Caleb Click and Bob Cargo, sits down to discuss how we see the glory of Christ manifest itself in the lives of believers and when we embrace who Christ truly is, leads us to glorifying Him and enjoying Him forever. Big Takeaway: How the glory of God and our enjoyment of Him are tied together Application Question: When you think about the glory of God, what captivates you? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E8-Notes.
07. Digging Deeper: Living Out Titus 3 in America 2021 - Jeff Norris | Eric RyanIn this latest installment of the Digging Deeper podcast, Lead Pastor Jeff Norris and Executive Director of Shepherding and Spiritual Growth Eric Ryan, delve a little more what we’re walking through on Sunday mornings in our "Salt and Light" series and the book of Titus. Eric brings a unique perspective to this conversation as being a teaching elder while also a listener on Sunday mornings. Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E7-Notes.
06. Digging Deeper: The Character of God in Exodus - Audio - Jeff Norris | Bob Cargo | Caleb ClickIn the book of Exodus, we see misery is a magnet for God's mercies. God cares deeply for those who are hurting, those who are broken, and those who are enslaved. And God is the one who saves by delivering a people who bring nothing to the table, except some grumbling. In this episode, members of the teaching team dig into the book of Exodus to discuss some of the themes of Exodus and how they apply to modern-day struggles. Big Takeaway: God's heart is drawn to those who were in need. It's not repelled by it. It's not disgusted by it, but rather God cares deeply for those who are broken, who are hurting, who are enslaved. And he moves, his mercy moves him to action. Application Question: How would you explain what the book of Exodus is about to a child? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E6-Notes.
05. Digging Deeper: The Gospel In The Book Of Exodus - Jeff Norris | Bob Cargo | Caleb ClickIn this episode of Digging Deeper, Jeff Norris, Caleb Click, and Bob Cargo continue to unpack major takeaways from our series in the book of Exodus which began, Sunday, September 13. As the teaching team leads us through this book, this podcast helps us to pause along the way, look back and dive in a little bit more and dig deeper to see what God is revealing to us and how all of scripture, including the Old Testament, point back to Jesus. Big Takeaway: The gospel is all throughout the book of Exodus. The great news of there being a Redeemer, One who saves, One whose blood shed over the doorpost spread over the doorpost in my heart, so to speak, is the One who sets me free. Application Question: Where have you seen the gospel displayed in the Exodus story so far? In what ways have you been challenged to relate to Exodus and the Old Testament so far? Check out episode notes at perimeter.org/DD-E5-Notes.