Did you know 92% of podcasts fail! If you would like to know how the other 8% succeed then that's what I look into. I'm a former radio news editor and journalist and I've been focusing those skills onto studying podcasters over the past few years. I study succesful shows as well as the internet's claims for podcast success, and then test everything to see which ideas work in the real world for anyone. I draw together the best ideas into simple tutorials we can all use, whether it's for a work podcast in a marketing department, to build a personal brand or just for fun.
All podcasts that try to sell things fail, true or false?
14:11Only today I was reading a comment on a podcast forum that said if your goal is to make money from your podcast you will fail. And based on the enthusiastic "likes" the comment got, you would think it was a proven scientific fact. But that doesn't seem to be the case and.. here is why. If you would like to know more head to https://www.CanIMakeAHitPodcast.com
Don't miss an episode of “Can I Make A Hit Podcast?” and subscribe to it in the GetPodcast app.
The first question to ask when designing a new podcast
14:14Before you even start producing a podcast or recording anything, the best thing to do is to put all your equipment away and get out your laptop instead. From my research there are around eight questions which help you determine how to make a successful podcast. The first of these is probably the most important. It's the question "why?" Why are you doing this? Before you rush off thinking, "I know that!!!" pause for a moment. Is the reason for doing it that you have in your head something to do with marketing or promotion? The remainder of the details and the show links can be found on the website the website here.